We are delighted to be involved in this very special Coronation Event happening in the village in May. The day will be a family event to celebrate the coronation of King Charles III.
Join your fellow parishioners in Creech St Michael Recreation Park where you can enjoy:
- The coronation screened live on a big screen
- Free cream tea/cakes and hot drinks*
- Family-friendly activities
Please bring along your own picnic lunches and we will provide the cake and cream teas later in the afternoon. If you don’t fancy bringing your own picnic, there will be a burger van and hot drinks van on site too.
Bring your own picnic blankets, chairs etc and don’t forget your travel mugs for your tea so we can be kind to the environment.
Please make sure you mark yourself as attending on The Coronation Facebook Event page so you don’t miss any important messages about the event.
The park will be open as usual around these times, but organisers will be setting up/down.
CORONATION TV COVERAGE LIVE ON BIG SCREEN
- 1020 – The King’s Procession
- 1100 – Coronation Service at Westminster Abbey
- 1300 (approx.) National Anthem
- 1300 – The Coronation Procession
- 1330 – Ceremonial Flypast/Royals on Balcony
- 1000: Event officially starts
- 1000-1200: Archery
- 1030: Children’s Crown Parade
- 1200: Last chance to enter your cake into the Bake-Off
- 1230: Magic Show
- 1300: Circus Skills
- 1300-1500: Cream teas served (to ticket holders only)
- 1300-1400: Archery
- 1400: Bake-Off winners announced/prizes given
- 1400: Magic Show
- 1430: Tug of War
- 1500: Circus Skills
- 1530: Egg Toss
- 1600: Event finishes
AVAILABLE ALL DAY
- Throw the Welly
- Coconut Shy
- Inflatables (weather permitting)
- Face Painting
Food & Drink
- FREE Cream Tea for adults*
- FREE cake and drink for kids*
- Ice Cream Van by Noodles Ices
- Sweets Stall run by Creech PTFA
- Burger Van by The Food Shack
- Hot Drink Van by Really Awesome Coffee
* Although the cream tea is free, tickets must have been reserved before the event and we are now at full capacity
- Face Painting
- Inflatables (subject to weather)*
- Family Games – eg Egg Toss, Tug of War
- Magic Shows
- Circus Skills
- Coconut Shy
- Welly Toss
* Fee applicable
We are pleased that both Ruishton and Creech schools are getting involved by making bunting and crowns. We are also very excited that the Creech Bake-Off is making a comeback! Having been a huge success at previous Party in the Park events we are holding a bake-off with a Coronation/Royal theme. The bake-off will be for everyone of any age.
Kid’s ‘Make a Crown’ Competition
We invite all children to get crafty and make a crown to wear on the day. Please wear your crowns on the day to receive a small prize and come to the main arena at 10.30 to take part in a parade.
‘Creech Bake-Off’ Coronation Cake Competition
Open to everyone. We want to be wowed by your creations with a Coronation theme. Deliver your cakes to the Bake-Off tent and fill in an entry slip before the midday cut-off time. There will be a winner and two runner-ups for each of the three categories (Adults/Teens/Children). Winners announced and prize giving will happen in the Bake-Off tent at 1330.
Tug of war
Get your teams together for a fun Tug of War championship! We need eight teams of eight to take part. Sign up on the sheet in the Bake-Off tent. 2.30pm in the main arena.
The park, big screen, competitions and family games are all free for our parishioners to enjoy, however, you will need a ticket to redeem for your cream tea or cake. This is so we can cater accordingly and tickets will be limited.
All tickets for the free cream tea have now been allocated.
The only parking on-site will be for blue badge holders. Please come to the event on foot if possible.
This event is a joint venture to bring the local community together for a memorable coronation and is organised and supported by:
Thursday 20th April
Wondering if I could please get some tickets, EventBrite say tickets no longer available online ???
We had to cap the Cream Tea tickets at 500 so that’s why the Eventbrite sale stopped. The rest of the event is open to everyone and most things are free to enjoy. Of course if we have any spare cream teas after 3pm you will of course be welcome to them.
Hello, I’m really sorry but I’ve ordered tickets for the coronation picnic cream tea for my family members and they won’t be able to join us now. I have ordered 6 adult and 3 child but only need 2 adults. I’m just conscious that you may order all the scones etc and I do not want them to go to waste. Can you cancel the surplus tickets please.
No problem, thanks for letting us know.