We had our first planning meeting tonight with Jo Morrison, Clare Sampson, David Knight and Adrian Birch in attendance.
Unfortunately we were a bit late sharing the date of the meeting with those that have been kind enough to offer their help, hopefully we will have more people come along next time.
First things first – the date has been agreed for SATURDAY 11 JULY 2015 so put it in your diary now! Tentative timings are 12-4pm and 7pm-late. We are aiming to follow a similar format to last year, with fun family orientated activities in the day, followed by a band, bar, disco and food in the evening. We are also hoping to book a comedian to fill the gap the band leaves when they take their break.
We will be selling wristbands instead of tickets this year to cut down on time at the gate – we’ll advertise when tickets will be going on sale.
We are aware parking was an issue for some people last year and we are looking at ways to ease the pressure on local roads (although we would urge people not to drive to the event).
We discussed lots of new ideas to try to incorporate too including: Talent competition, open mic, petting zoo, street entertainers, cartoonist, stocks, medieval reenactment displays etc. Obviously we won’t be able to have everything but please let us know in the comments below what you would like to see in the day or evening.
How can you help?
There are lots of ways to get involved, including:
- Join the organising group and come along to planning meetings
- Volunteer some time to help out before or on the day
- If you own a business can you supply a service/cash/raffle prize?
- Can you ask your employer for a service/cash/raffle prize?
- Can you recommend any bands/entertainers/comedians/display?
- Would you like a stall or know anyone who would?
- Can you help publicise by putting up a poster or sharing on social media?
- Would your charity or local organisation like a stall?